On this International Women’s Day, Avenues is highlighting Toni, a Youth Support Specialist and Food Coordinator at Minneapolis Avenues. Toni has been with Avenues for almost a year and has been essential during the pandemic in keeping our North Minneapolis shelter and transitional living program running smoothly. Thank you Toni for all you do for Avenues!
Toni’s Twenty Questions
- What would you name the autobiography of your life? Life, by Tony.
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Race car driver.
- If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? Make a video and send it to folks to let them know. I would go to hotel and roll around in the money.
- When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time? Meditate.
- If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose? Opera.
- What was the last experience that made you a stronger person? Just personal growth – getting older.
- What is something you learned in the last week at work? I learned that there’s a hook to put your when pump that.
- What’s your favorite part of your job at Avenues? Working with the youth. Helping them, supporting them, motiving them.
- What’s your lest favorite part of your job at Avenues? Sometimes there’s nothing for me to do – especially when I’m alone.
- If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet? Kobe Bryant.
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? Opera. I was her for Halloween I had the mic and everything.
- What recently made you laugh? Today when my coworker accidently pulled the fire alarm.
- What three traits define you? Smart, dependable, creative.
- Who inspires you? The youth.
- In one word, how would you describe the youth at Avenues? Resilient.
- What would you do (for a career) if you weren’t doing this? I would be cooking.
- If you could have a three course meal of anything, what would it be? Surf and turf, salad, chocolate molten cake.
- What are you listening to right now? Listening to and watching a lot of TikTok.
- What is something you think everyone should do or try? Try something that’s not in your culture. Try something outside of your normal.
- Is there a staff member or youth you think is doing an awesome job right now? Murad – he is my favorite. He is the best and I’m so glad he’s here.
Thank you Toni for all you do for Avenues! Happy International Women’s Day.